GoodWheat Sicilian Style Pepperoni and Ricotta Pizza
For the Pizza Dough
- 3 ½ cups + ½ cup GoodWheat Flour
- 2 ¼ tsp (1 envelope) Dry Instant Yeast
- 1 tsp Granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups Water, 110 degrees
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- ⅓ cup Butter, melted
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
For the Pizza
- 1 cup Rao’s Pizza Sauce
- ½ cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 ounces Pepperoni
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper, ground
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil, chopped
Method of Preparation
To Make Pizza Dough
- In a kitchen aid mix with the hook attachment, add yeast, sugar and water together and let bloom for 10 minutes. The mixture should get very frothy.
- Add GoodWheat Flour, salt and butter and put on speed “stir” for 2-3 minutes until dough comes together.
- Increase speed to 2 and knead dough for 8 minutes.
- Turn off mixer.
- Form dough into a ball and place dough in an olive oil coated bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and put in a warm area for an hour or until dough has doubled in size.
To Assemble Pizza
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove dough from bowl after proofing and place on a floured surface. Form into a rectangle shape.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough to 1/2 inch thick. Place dough inside a18 x 13 x 1 inch sheet tray with sides and press gently to mold to the shape. Using a fork, gently poke holes into the pizza dough.
- Put dough in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Layer the pizza sauce on top of the dough followed by dollops of ricotta and spread the ricotta.
- Evenly layer the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top.
- Layer the pepperoni in rows and columns, all touching each other, covering the top of the crust.
- Top with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place the pizza back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes is over, set oven to broil and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove pizza and garnish with chopped basil.
- Let pizza cool for 2 minutes before cutting into 8 slices.