GoodWheat Coffee Crumb Cake
- 2 cups + 1 TBS GoodWheat Flour
- 1 ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 ¼ sticks Unsalted butter, cold
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg, large
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ⅔ cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch pan with cooking spray and add 1 TBS of GoodWheat Flour and tap around pan to coat. Throw away excess flour.
- In a food processor with the blade attachment, add GoodWheat Flour, sugar and salt together. Pulse 3 times to combine. Add unsalted butter and pulse until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour contents into a large bowl. Remove 1 cup and set aside into a medium sized bowl.
- Add baking powder and baking soda into original flour mixture in large bowl and whisk together. Add buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract to large bowl and whisk together. The batter will be very thick and tiny pieces of butter will be visible.
- Add batter to the 8x8 pan and spread evenly.
- Add the brown sugar and ground cinnamon to the reserved flour mixture and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of cake and press down gently to stick to batter.
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 2 hours before serving.